What have we done this week?
This week the big task was getting our applications in for second passports. We also did a lot of research and worked on our gear.
- Worked on cleaning out our closets and initial prep for our garage sale in March/April
- Money belts came and are going back. Ordered the less expensive ones from Rick Steves, and wow, do they suck compared to the Eagle Creek ones, which cost twice as much. In this case, you obviously get what you pay for so the Rick Steves ones are being returned and we’re buying the Eagle Creek ones.
- Submitted all the paperwork for our second passports, so we can have one to keep with us while we send off the other one for visas. We should know if we’re approved by the end of February
- Booked travel to Peru
- Research on Travel Insurance
- Research on Malaria Maps – in order to determine when we need to be taking anti-malarials.
- Picked up the bulk of the additional electronics/tech we needed. All we still need is an external hard drive, 2 extra batteries for our cameras, & a few additional SD cards.
Things to do in the next week:
- More work on malaria maps & other medical prep for our trip
- Post a gear list (We’re working on it, I promise!)
- Practice Packing!
- Research Chile – figure out what we might want to see & do while we’re there
- More hiking!
- Send back money belts and order new ones
- More closet cleaning and packing
- Research Travel Insurance
- Spend more time with you, yes, all of you fabulous people whom we will miss when we’re gone!
A slower week progress-wise, but we still feel like we’re staying on top of everything.
Got any suggestions, ideas, contacts you’d like to share? We’d love to hear them!