What have we done this week?
Not a whole lot happened on the trip front this week. We were out of town for 4 days and then Kathy was sick for another 2-3 days.
- We did a lot of packing and sorting in our house this week.
- Decided that we will only visit one additional country in South America, after Ecuador & Peru, so that we can spend a full month there. Looking at Colombia. We’ll save the southern part of South America for a second trip down the road during their summer so we can actually hike in Patagonia.
- Ordered new external hard drive for the trip
- Set up additional security and programs on the laptop
- Worked on Resources & Gear List pages for the site. You should see those come online sometime next week.
- Fixed our flight itinerary to Quito in May – airlines changed the flight schedule and totally messed it up. We are now leaving one day earlier.
Things to do in the next week:
- More packing, sorting, and pricing in preparation for our move and our big estate sale
- More hiking
- Acquire the last pieces for our travel wardrobes (Icebreaker’s spring/summer line is out. Woohoo!)
- Research on Colombia and Bolivia
- Upload the last of our CDs to iTunes
- Spend time with lots of our favorite people
- More practice packing – We know you are all asking for a packing list and we’re working on it.
Got any suggestions, ideas, contacts you’d like to share? We’d love to hear them!