What have we done this week?
- Purchased tickets to Quito, Ecuador. We’ll kick off our round the world trip on May 23rd.
- Confirmed our Spanish classes in Quito. We’ll be taking 4 weeks of immersion classes at a local school.
- Confirmed our hostel in Quito. We’ll be living in Quito for just over a month.
- Confirmed our hostel in Cusco, Peru. ~ After our immersion classes are over, we’re traveling to Cusco to hike the Inca Trail.
- Confirmed our Inca Trail Plans – We leave June 30th. Our government permits have been obtained and we have been confirmed for Winay Wayna campground on our final night, which is the closest campsite to Machu Picchu, at just under a 2 hour hike away. That means our first glimpse of Machu Picchu will be as the sun is rising over it on July 3rd.
- Purchased our tickets for Fiji/New Zealand, our first stops on the second leg of our trip. We leave October 2nd.
- Booked resort for one of the weeks we are in Fiji. We’ll spend the rest of our time there in hostels, but this is for Kathy’s 40th Birthday celebration, since she’ll turn 40 while we’re there. A lovely beachside bure.
- Spaceship Campervan is booked for New Zealand (Even though we don’t really want to plan too much of our trip in advance, we had to book our Spaceship early, since they’re so popular.) We’ll spend 5 weeks driving our Spaceship around New Zealand.
- Got round 2 of Rabies vaccine. 1 more round to go.
Things to do in the next week:
- Additional research on South America to decide what other things we’d like to do while we’re there.
- More vaccinations
- Research a new bank account with no foreign transaction fees
- Hike in preparation for Ecuador & Peru
- Take stock of our gear to determine what we still need to acquire
- New hiking boots & new running shoes
- Fiji, New Zealand, & Australia research
- Additional sorting and packing at our house
Things are moving along quickly now and we’re starting to feel like this is all really happening. Now to stay on top of our to do list.
Got any suggestions, ideas, contacts you’d like to share? We’d love to hear them!